Today marks the 1st Birthday of Piccolo! And what a year it has been for them! From Stage 1 Fruit & Veg purees to textured Stage 2 meals and being stocked in Waitrose & Asda it’s been amazing to watch them grow!
To celebrate Isla & I decided to throw a little Pizza party last night using one of the brilliant & oh so easy recipes on their website!
- 2 Corn or whole wheat tortillas or flatbread. (We went with flatbread!)
- 2 tbsp Passata (sieved tomato)
- Around 50g of mixed veg such as sweetcorn, peppers, tomatoes, grated courgettes
- 20g grated Cheddar cheese
I added a little bit of tomato pesto on as Isla loves it – but please be aware that it is made with nuts and should be used carefully until you know your little one is not allergic.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas mark 4.
- Simply spread Passata on one side of flatbread or tortilla.
- Add vegetables then top with grated cheese. (I did this the other way around because I can’t read instructions…)
- Place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Serve with cucumber and pepper batons.
Isla is in a stage that I’m sure most of you with a toddler will recognise… she is extremely suspicious of all new foods. It takes me 15 minutes of ‘Mmmm’ing and ‘Yummy’s before I can convince her to try the tiniest bit. Once she realises that Mummy isn’t trying to poison her… she usually dives right in and gives me a big ‘Mmmm’ of approval!
Yum Yum! I cut it up for her into easy strips for her to pick up once she had a chance to marvel at my culinary masterpiece… Ahem… It was actually delicious – I would have happily shared one with her for my dinner!
The adorable chef’s hat was sent to us for our last attempt at a Piccolo recipe and it only just fits! I’m in total denial that my baby is growing even with all these big glaring signs!
OCD Mum’s look away now… We finished up with a few strawberries, grapes and a melon slice from the local farmers market!
You’ll be pleased to hear, that top was whipped right off her the minute she was finished and has been rescued with a healthy dose of stain remover! 😉
A big thumbs up from us, for another brilliant toddler dinner! Baby led weaning has been a great adventure for us – and Isla’s incredible fine motor skills really show what good it can do!
Happy Birthday Piccolo! We can’t wait to celebrate many more with you in the future! xx